Saturday 17 March 2012

La Vie Quotidienne

I thought I should perhaps fill you in on the last two weeks. There weren't too many events that occurred that are blog worthy.

There have been a few days spent at home cleaning, eating Greek salads and watching Gilmore Girls.

There have been a few evenings spent in the bathroom (with blasting music to my own taste) as an attempt to drown out the continuous playing of 'Green Sleeves' being strummed by Thomas down the hall and the hysteric sobbing of a friend of Caroline's. (OH the joys of communal living!)

There have been afternoons spent at the park, looking out over the lake and writing/reading.



There have been days (too many days) where I have had to walk home, as protestors have been blocking the streets. People of France, I love that you're passionate. I really do... But please keep it better contained!



I had a lovely conversation with Nicole on Skype. This time my favourite thing that she said was

"We should abolish time. The world would be a much happier place. Probably a disorganised mess... But much calmer." 


Thank you, Nicole for your philosophical insights. She also made me giggle as she talked enthusiastically about her 'Cats of the Apocalypse' calendar. If this interests you, feline/science fiction lovers, you can check out the site here:

http://catsoftheapocalypse2012.bigcartel.com/


I ordered a couple of books for my political science class, 'The United States Faced By Latin America'. The extent of my feelings of excitement and happiness about the arrival of these books has truly made me realise how little I'm challenged academically here. University of Melbourne - HOW I LONG FOR YOU!

So another quiet week planned. A few 'Rendez-vous' noted and a potential trip to Geneva on the 24th in the mix.

Life's still very good! I'm enjoying most moments!

I hope you're all well! Those of you in Melbourne, you should go to the French Film Festival that is on at the moment!

Talk to you all soon,

Alice


No comments: