Saturday 21 September 2013

Common Ground



Nearly immediately after we arrived, Jordan's old friend Ty asked him to play guitar in his band. Ty's been writing music for a long time now and the band was performing at a small event in Provo, 'Chalk the Block'.

After saying yes and completely committing to rehearsals twice a week, practicing day and night, listening to the same Cd over and over and over and learning 13 new songs in 2 weeks, this is what Jordan eventually looked like...


The 2 nights of performances were fantastic! Melissa and I (Melissa is Ty's wife and my friend over here) walked around to look at the various chalk art displays while the band set up... There were some really beautiful ones (they'd especially done well as it had started to rain during the day)!

Emry (my little friend who is Melissa and Ty's daughter) joined us and listed all the colours!








Almost all of Jordan's family came to watch, which was really nice! Maeve was sporting some of the things that I've crocheted for her, so that made me really happy :)




Overall, it was a great time and a wonderful performance! Check out Common Ground's music here

Now the guitar practice has slowed down, I finish training for my job next week and life is slowly starting to catch up...

I just hope the next post is just as interesting!

- Alice

No comments: