Saturday 24 September 2011

Peut-être une angine ?

There were more low-lights to this week than high-lights.

Low-lights

- I only managed to get to one class. Many trips to university were involved (and university is NOT close) and one time I even found myself (SOMEHOW) in a master's level sociology lecture where the lecturer opened with 'What is the question?' and people actually knew how to respond...I was lost, and perhaps too indiscreetly left.

- I had a bit of a week of 'what am I doing here?' and 'I just want to hang out with my friends....but I don't have many yet and I feel all alone!'

- My first day of actual class, my water bottle leaked in my backpack and sogged all paper stuffs inside. Book included.

- The T2 (the tram line that takes me to school...most of the way) was down, and so I walked for a long time to get there...that was the same day that I was somehow in the wrong class.

- I had a weigh in. It's official....the bread is catching up with my poor metabolism. I've gained 4 kilos. And in case you're wondering, I'm starting swimming again this week.

- ALL I wanted to do this week was watch a film...which shouldn't be complicated. Apparently it is. You can't rent films here (no culture of this), we have no films at our place, and I've seen everything on my hard drive... apart from that I have a Madeline dvd, but I've even seen that. I opted for 'Under the Tuscan Sun' and quoted every second line.

- I'm sick. I think it's tonsillitis again. I feel like Helamen's army have marched down my throat (for those of you who don't understand this, and thus don't get the joke...consult the book of Mormon)
In French, tonsillitis is 'angine', which I think - frankly sounds quite beautiful. There's a song called 'Peut-être une angine', which is where the title from this blog comes from, for those of you who are not quite so tuned into French language and culture.

High Lights

- I found REAL, non-sterilised milk (yes guys, it is TRUE....the land of cheese, the land of all beautiful things dairy only has long life milk for sale)! For those of you who don't know, I am not a big milk drinker. Wednesday was the day that this changed. Within 2 hours of arriving home with my one litre bottle, I'd downed half of it.

- I made a freaking AMAZING cake! Chocolate and raspberry. I made it for the 2 Australian girls that I met at my university who came for dinner. Look how pretty it was... (it tasted better than it looked)



Maybe I should start a food blog.....Alex, you would be so proud of my cake! I even followed a recipe!

- Chloé saved me from my misery and is now at my place. We're going to see a film tonight in an actual cinema in V.O (Version Original). This mean that it's not dubbed...it's in English with French subtitles. I'm pretty excited.

-I found the most amazing bakery, 5 minutes from my house! Where I had the best bread I have ever eaten (this might be dangerous)

- I have a pretty awesome timetable. No class Monday, no class Tuesday till 4pm and no class Friday.

- I booked flights to Denmark...and Budapest, Hungary! I'm so excited! I leave in less than a month.

- I decorated another part of my room, by my desk. Look.


Ok, dear ones, time to go to eat food and finally see a film. Miss you and I hope that next week will be better and far more interesting. Enjoy your sunny weather for me! 


Alice




No comments: