Tuesday 8 November 2011

A Day in Foggy Denmark and then..the Palace of Versailles

I felt very relieved to fly back to Denmark after all my solo time - and it's always nice to be with family. Asger was a little sick, but had some play time too. He's gorgeous.



Monday afternoon I nearly missed the plane. Not because I was late to the airport... I'm always very careful and make sure that I have at least 2 and a half hours before my plane leaves. I somehow found myself going through passport control and thought this was strange....and then 5 minutes before boarding I realised that i was at gate D103 and not gate D03...slight issue which involved going back through passport control and then running to the right gate. Somehow I made it to the plane on time and then joined the lady next to me who was sobbing because she'd also nearly missed the plane and had had to run.

Anywayyy...I made it back to Paris and went to Chloé's apartment. The next day we went to the château de Versailles. It was just the most magnificent thing ever. Every room made me gasp as it was simply amazing...gold...marble...Italian paintings on the ceilings.. and then I was just more amazed with every other room that I went into. The gardens too were astonishing. I think that Chloé and I spent at least two hours walking around the gardens and we didn't want to leave, but had to so that I could catch my train back to Lyon in time....I don't think there's much else to say other than the autumn colours and the mist and sunset were wonderful. A perfect combination of the beauty of man made structure and nature's finery. Here are some pictures of the 300 I took. There are nearly 2500 rooms....


This video is of the Hall of Mirrors.






                                                            The Queen's bedroom

Patisserie in  Versailles? Marie Antoinette couldn't disagree









Sunset on a cold Autumn's day... this picture isn't edited....Versailles has maintained its splendour.


Back to Paris on Thursday for a photo exhibition....I'll write on Sunday!

Go frolic in the sunshine for me...I'm curled up next to the heater.


No comments: