Monday 14 November 2011

Out of Focus

Photography is a shared interest in my immediate family. I studied it in high school and have maintained great interest... My sister was doing some dark room photography for a while, my dad collects photographs, has worked with one and my mother was accepted to the best photography course in Australia after she finished high school.....but turned down the offer as it was apparently 'too difficult' for women to become successful photographers back then. There you go!

So when Paris Photo came around (the world's most important photographic exhibition in Paris), my dad sent me. My trip to Paris this time was rushed, not very sanitary and extremely cold - but it was good. The exhibition was fantastic and I had a great time, even though I was solo.

I went to my friend Gladie's 20th birthday party on Saturday evening in the region of Savoie. It was really nice. It was a big family event and everyone was dancing and singing old French songs and doing dances I had no idea how to do...lots of photos and stories and fantastic food. A great night.

Here are some pictures. I have work to do!

- Alice


                                                          
                                                         Place de la Concorde


                              My friend Steve and I climbed the Eiffel Tower

                         Some of my favourite photographs from the exhibition

Remembrance Day event opposite Le Grand Palais (where Paris Photo was) and view from Le Jardin des Tuiléries


                                        The Champs Elysées on Remembrance Day


1 comment:

eye_spy said...

awesome photos alice!
looks like you're having an great time.
i've been enjoying reading your blog, makes me want to travel!
bea xx