Tuesday 12 June 2012

Graceland

Last week was another week at home, crocheting. I finished a scarf and am now on scarf number two. On Wednesday evening we drove out to the airport to pick up Deb (Jordan's mum) and his nephew, Max. His sister and brother-in law are moving back to Utah from Florida and were driving back - so Deb flew back with one-year-old Max. It was really fun to have Max visit for a couple of days! He'd dance to his sing-a-long Sesame Street dvd (featuring acts such as Destiny's Child and the Goo Goo Dolls) and we played in the back yard, too. He's a cutie.




Friday evening we took a little trip 'down under' (kind of). We went and ate at the Outback Steak House (for those non-Americans reading this post, this is an 'Australian' restaurant). It was interesting to see all of the Australian things on the walls... Boomerangs, road signs etc, but the food was a disappointment and it was terribly over priced. Here are some pictures for giggles all the same.


                                           WHAT???


On Saturday I somehow ended up in a movie theatre to see 'Prometheus', which is the prequel to the 1979 film 'Alien'. For those who aren't aware, I am not one for science fiction, nor horror, nor thrillers...
But Jordan is! And so I guess you win some, you lose some. We went with most of Jordan's siblings and their spouses, as well as a couple of other friends. It was an amazing movie visually, I'll give it that. I walked away feeling a little traumatised, though (but I am a little delicate with that kind of thing). The story was so frustrating! I'm still thinking about the flaws in the story. Go see it and find out for yourselves (if you're game).

This post is not titled 'Graceland' because we drove to Memphis or anything like that. Jordan and I have been going through a bit of a Paul Simon phase for a while now and this song just seems to be the most fantastic road-tripping song. On Sunday after church we went on a mini road trip. Dear Jordan drove us nearly 3 hours so that I could see the Bonneville Salt Flats (and this was essentially clear to Nevada). Honestly, I saw some of the most amazing views I've ever seen. It was incredible.

Warning: You are about to be bombarded with photographs
















And once we reached Nevada, we drove all the way back home...




And then the week ended....


Isn't Utah stunning? I love it.

Have a great week, friends.



- Alice

PS. For your listening pleasure and for the purpose of this blog post title


No comments: