Tuesday 5 June 2012

Crochet Crazy (yarn, yarn, YARNNNNNN)

As the title of this post suggests, I have spent hours and hours and (seriously) HOURS crocheting over the last week.  I finished up the first blanket and I am now on blanket number 2 (which is already more than half finished). I was able to learn a couple of new stitches on youtube and became very excited at my apparent crocheting skills that I was unaware existed. See, the great thing about this activity is that you're being productive... Yet you're not really doing anything. It's so relaxing and rewarding. My next project is baby mary jane booties. I hope they'll work out well.



Besides crocheting, the highlight of last week would have been the day that Jordan came home from work early and took me on a picnic up at American Fork Canyon. It was so beautiful up there. We set up camp in front of a glacier. Everything was just so wonderful. The air was fresh and alone with nature (though Jordan kept telling me I was drawing 'moose attention' to us - whatever this means).


We spent a lot of time with family, which was nice. There were several visits to Hunter and Heidi (Jordan's brother and sister-in-law), bowling with Kenzie and Shad (Jordan's sister and brother-in-law), one to Claire (aunt), several ambushes on Chrissy (another aunt who we tried to scare), a trip up to Salt Lake to attend Hailee's concert (cousin) and then dinner at Jeana's place (another aunt) who made delicious Cuban food. Everyone is just SO nice!

There weren't many photos taken last week... But here are the stand outs



There were actually many very unflattering photos taken. Here are a few




So there you have it. Jordan has now returned to work and I have continued on with my crocheting. I'm so happy to be here (in spite of the obvious fact that I've had some very unflattering photographs unknowingly taken of me and had the soles of my feet ticked 20 times too many).


- Alice

No comments: