Friday 6 July 2012

Speeding Through the Country

We caught a train early yesterday morning from Nice back to Lyon. We were able to enjoy a nice lunch at my apartment before I took Sophie out on a tour of my city.

Here are some pictures of what we saw in lovely Lyon (yesterday was a little gloomy)






We had originally planned to spend two days in Paris (and not return to Lyon), though these plans fell through when something went wrong with Chloé's apartment (where we had intended to stay), so had to sort out accommodation (which, just so you should know - is expensive in Paris to begin with, but if you'd like to stay somewhere central and are booking at the last minute, it costs a small fortune). There were no hostels left, so we sweet talked our parents and convinced them to pay for us to stay at a hotel. It's not in an ideal location, though it is close to the train that leads to the airport (so minimal luggage hauling required).

I took Sophie on a one day high speed tour of Paris (which was mostly on foot). Luckily I knew how to get around, so we didn't waste time getting lost. The crowds were tedious, though and it was all so big and Paris-like. I don't think I'm such a big fan of this city anymore. Anyway, we saw the sights. Here are some Paris snaps.



Here's the obligatory shot...


We treated ourselves to some macarons from Ladurée (Gran, you would be pleased to know this. Thank you for purchasing them for us! They were very much enjoyed). This is the best commercial patisserie in France.



Ladurée's site is HERE

So tomorrow morning my time with Sophie will draw to a close as she departs for Norway and Denmark. I have another day in Paris (solo) before flying back to Denmark for a couple of days (though Sophie won't arrive there until after I've left).

So tomorrow is my last day here for what will probably be a long time. Paris, we've had our ups and downs and I know I often feel frustrated with you... But you really are a beautiful city.



- Alice

1 comment:

Spencer and Mackenzie said...

what a fantastic adventure abroad you've had! and picked up a keeper along the way, not too shabby! you're at an amazing time of life, enjoy it!! xoxo from afar!